Christ the King actively works with several organizations and churches in Huntington to help others.
- Our undercroft houses LITTLE BLESSINGS DAYCARE MINISTRY, which provides affordable childcare services to children ages six weeks through twelve years. On the fourth Sunday of each month, we collect items that our daycare can use. Some of the things they receive include:
Glue Sticks Paper egg cartons Bibs
Liquid glue Coffee filters Play Doh
Finger-paints Old newspapers/magazines Paint brushes
- On Tuesdays, an ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS group meets at 7:00 P.M. in our Parish Hall.
- On the first Tuesday of each month, a SUPPORT GROUP for Caregivers of people with Alzheimer’s’ and Dementia meets in our Parish Hall from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00.
- On the second Sunday of each month, we collect food to be given to the food pantry at UNITED IN LOVE (formerly Love INC). We also pledge a monthly amount from our Outreach budget, and several of our members volunteer there. Items they can use include:
- canned fruit
- canned meats any size – chicken or tuna
- peanut butter, large and small jars
- canned beans
- hearty canned stews and chili
- pancake mix
- crackers – either Saltines or Ritz
- toothpastes & bars of soap
- Members of our church help serve meals at the NEW LIFE MEAL MINISTRY on the fourth Friday of the month from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30. We also pledge to this ministry from our Outreach budget.