SUNDAY 9.00 A.M. HOLY EUCHARIST
THURSDAY 9:00 A.M. MORNING PRAYER
5:30 P.M. EVENING PRAYER
Services will also be streamed on Facebook at Episcopal Church Christ the King
THE TIMES ARE CHANGING
Since the relaxation of the CDC COVID-19 rules and the promulgation of new guidelines from the Diocese of Northern Indiana, several changes are possible to how we have been worshipping. The most obvious which most of you should already be aware of is that face coverings (masks) are no longer required for those who are fully vaccinated against the coronavirus. Such coverings are now optional for that segment of the population. We are also able to make some other modifications:
· Those reading the lessons and leading the Prayers of the People may return to sitting in the nave and coming forward to the lectern to read.
· We ask that one person sign up to read both the Old and New Testament Lessons. This can be done by anyone regardless of vaccination status. Those wearing masks may remove them while reading.
· Only those who are fully vaccinated should sign-up to lead the Prayers of the People which should be done from the lectern to facilitate the streaming of the service.
· The consecrated host may be consumed at the time it is received rather than while walking back to the pew.
· Members of the congregation no longer need to return to their seats via the Parish Hall; the side aisles on either side of the Nave may be used.
· The following practices will continue:
o Social distancing between those from different households will be maintained in seating and should be practiced when coming forward for communion.
o Hand sanitizer will be readily available in the worship space, near the entrance and in the restrooms.
o Extra masks will be available for those wishing or required to use them.
o Measures will be taken to maintain ventilation and air movement within the worship space which may mean running blowers and ceiling fans when heating or air conditioning are not required. Dress accordingly.
o Only the consecrated bread will be offered at communion.
o Live streaming of all services on Facebook Live will continue for those not feeling comfortable with physical attendance.
Hopefully, further relaxation of precautions will be possible in future weeks, In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and cooperation.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FACEBOOK
1. Log on to Facebook
2. Click Search Facebook
3. Type Episcopal Church Christ the King and then click enter
4. Select Episcopal Church Christ the King
Standing Notices -
The primary commitment of the serious Christian is the worship God at Eucharist each week in Church (Book of Common Prayer, 847).
Holy Baptism is preceded by instruction and normally takes place on or within the Eucharist as the chief service on a Sunday or other feast. It is especially appropriate at the Easter Vigil, on the Day of Pentecost, on All Saints' Day or the Sunday after All Saints' Day, on the Feast of the Baptism of our Lord (the first Sunday after the Epiphany) or when the Bishop is present.
Holy Matrimony is solemnized by the Priest. Marriages must be signified 90 days prior for purposes of planning and instruction. Lent is not an appropriate time for weddings.
The Funeral of faithful Christians should be held in the church. Notify your clergy promptly if the death of a loved one is imminent.
The Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession) is celebrated at any time by appointment.
Regarding the Prayers of the People - If you wish to have the congregation pray for you, your family, or friends, please add the names to the list found in the Narthex on the lectern just outside the double doors.